Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Sark stared up wrathfully at the door. 'The Tower Guardian is helping him, he thinks!' Sark hissed. He turned and commanded a lieutenant, 'Bring the logic probe!'"
--page 125

I'm so tired I don't know whether to scream, cry or vomit. I could use some help from The Tower Guardian. Tower Guardian, take me away!

ME
So, uh... nice tower you've got here.

TOWER GUARDIAN (proudly)
Hey, thanks. I guard it myself, you know.

ME
Really. Well, uh... you want to go grab a beer?

TOWER GUARDIAN (shakes head negative)
Can't do it. Gotta guard The Tower.

ME
Yeah, I hear ya. (pause) Listen, I'm just going to lay it on the line. I need some sleep-- that's all-- just an hour or so of sweet, sweet slumber. Let me into The Tower for an hour. I don't need Maid Service-- I can fluff my own pillow. Can you dig it?

TOWER GUARDIAN
If I let you in, then I'd have to let everybody in. Then what kind of Tower Guardian would I be?

ME
Fine, forget it. (plops down on curb, holds head in hands, tries not to cry)

TOWER GUARDIAN
Hey, hey. Don't cry. Tell you what I'll do. You can have this. (presents a metal sphere covered in blinking lights.)

ME
Wow, my very own logic probe!

TOWER GUARDIAN
That's right! Go on, ask it a question.

ME
Logic Probe, should I go back to sleep, wake up again and start the day fresh?

LOGIC PROBE
All Signs Point To Yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home