Saturday, January 28, 2006

Special Guest Star: Star Man

Do not be alarmed, Ladies & Gentlemen, but I seem to have misplaced my copy of "Tron: A Novel by Brian Daley Based On A Screenplay by Steven Lisberger * Story by Steven Lisberger and Bonnie MacBird" First Edition: June 1982... it's around here somewhere... I'm sure it will turn up.

In the meantime, here's a Special Tide-You-Over Tidbit from "Starman: A Novel by Alan Dean Foster from The Screenplay by Bruce A. Evans & Raymond Gideon" First Edition: December 1984:

"Observing the verbal byplay, the starman decided it would be a propitious time for a display of politeness. Recalling his last polite parting he extended his middle finger of his right hand, as he'd seen the trucker at the service station do, and smiled broadly at Donnie-Bob and friends.
"Up Yours."
Already luckless and buckless, the hunter's eyes nearly popped out of his head as he went from furious to near incoherent. "I'm gonna kill that sumbitch!"
--pgs 155-156

Oh, starman... you cannot fill the void in my heart left by my copy of "Tron: A Novel by Brian Daley Based On A Screenplay by Steven Lisberger * Story by Steven Lisberger and Bonnie MacBird" First Edition: June 1982... try as you might... Alan Dean Foster, I'm sorry, buddy... I've enjoyed some of your work in the past, but brother, this stuff is rough... although I like that luckless and buckless. It's like the hunter's shit out of luck but in a real Southern Down-Home kinda way. Yeehaw!

Could the Tron book make me Yeehaw? Could be a point in Starman's favor. 100% on the Yeehaometer. But now will I be consciously wondering, watching and waiting for the Yeehaw every time I flip open my Tron Book? Oh, Starman! You have polluted my Tronful Waters!

I hunt for The Tron Book... I have become The Hunter. I cannot find The Tron Book. I am luckless and buckless, going from furious to near incoherent.

WILL A.G. FIND THE TRON BOOK? IS COLONEL MONTOYA'S SISTER REALLY POSING AS THE POPE? CAN CLEOPATRA THE DANCING CHIMPANZEE GET OVER HER FEAR OF WATER IN TIME FOR THE BIG BEACH PARTY? STAY TUNED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home